- Advanced Manufacturing Systems Research Division
- Nano Convergence Manufacturing Systems Research Division
- Innovative Energy Machinery Research Division
- Eco-Friendly Energy Conversion Research Division
- Mechanical Systems Safety Research Division
- AI Robot Research Division
- Daegu Research Center For Medical Devices&Green Energy
- Busan Machinery Research Center
KIMM Institute of Manufacturing Systems
The KIMM Institute of Manufacturing Systems conducts research on the original technology and commercialization for manufacturing equipments, focusing on the smart advanced-manufacturing equipments for existing key industries as well as on the nano-convergence-based new future industrial manufacturing equipment. We also develop policies for the manufacturing equipment and support industries in all life-cycle.
Nano-Convergence Manufacturing Systems Research Division
The Nano-Convergence Manufacturing Systems Research Division aims to foster nano-convergence technology as a new future industry by developing the core technologies and conducting research for commercialization.
Department of Nano-manufacturing Technology
- Technologies for high precision machining process and equipment
- Technologies for micro/nanoscale imprinting·forming process and equipment
- Technologies for Optomechanics based micro/nanoscale patterning and equipment
Major AchievementsStep - and - repeat nano - imprint lithography (NIL) system and processing technology
Nano-imprint system and process technology for forming patterns by UV or thermal curing repeatedly or in multiple layers on a large area substrate using a nano-patterned stamp that precisely moves in steps.
Department of Nano-Mechanics
- Technologies for design·measurement·reliability evaluation of nano-structure
- Technologies for equipments and manufacturing of nanomaterials and devices
- Technologies for modular equipments and manufacturing of meta-structures
Major AchievementsOriginal technologies for roll – based transfer techniques and related equipment for the Micro - LED display
Original technology on the roll-based transfer techniques for transferring graphene and various nanomaterials, thin film devices (based on single-crystal silicon and other semiconducting composite, etc.) from a donor substrate to a flexible target polymer substrate.
Department of Flexible & Printed Electronics
- Printing, coating, and patterning processes and equipment technologies
- Core technologies for roll-based continuous production systems
- Flexible·stretchable printed electronic device manufacturing technologies
Major AchievementsRoll - to - roll (R2R) fine pattern printing process and equipment technologies
Having a 1 ㎛ -grade of high precision micro-printing technology, it can manufacture cost-effective mass production of multi-functional devices such as flexible·stretchable displays, smart devices, and nano- thin film energy devices.
Department of Nature - Inspired System and Application
- Design of nature-inspired structures·functions and application technologies
- Fabrication of nanostructure-based functional surfaces and devices
- Bioprinting and self-assembly process·system technologies
Major AchievementsMulti-functional nanostructure implementation technology based on nature-inspiration
The development of design and manufacturing technology of multi-functional nanostructure such as antireflection in visible range based on biomimic of moth eye, superhydrophobicity·color surface using nano-metal·functional metal-oxide hydrid materials, and selective IR reflection based on metal nano-patterning.