- Advanced Manufacturing Systems Research Division
- Nano Convergence Manufacturing Systems Research Division
- Innovative Energy Machinery Research Division
- Eco-Friendly Energy Conversion Research Division
- Mechanical Systems Safety Research Division
- AI Robot Research Division
- Daegu Research Center For Medical Devices&Green Energy
- Busan Machinery Research Center
KIMM Institute of Carbon Neutral Energy Machinery
The KIMM Institute of Carbon Neutral Energy Machinery conducts research on the proprietary technology and commercialization of core machinery for the production, conversion, storage and utilization of zero-carbon energy. As a national research institute, we also provide policy planning/development and industrial supports for the energy and environment areas.
Innovative Energy Machinery Research Division
The Innovative Energy Machinery Research Division conducts research on thermal-energy conversion utilization system, large-capacity energy storage system, hydrogen liquefaction and liquid hydrogen storage/supply system to secure future carbon neutral energy technologies.
In addition, we develop thermo-fluid equipment such as compressors, pumps, turbines, heat exchangers and valves that are core machinery for these systems, as well as conduct performance evaluation and test certification.
Department of Thermal-Fluid Machinery
- Cryocoolers, cryogenic cooling systems, and liquefaction systems
- High efficiency fluid machinery
- Cryogenic Energy Storage Systems
Major AchievementsTechnology for low-vibration cryopumps for fast regeneration
Reduction of pump vibration and enhancement of reliability by applying a self-developed pulse tube cryocooler to cryopumps to create a high vacuum environment for semiconductor production equipment.
Department of Thermal Energy Solutions
- Heat pump and HVAC technologies for carbon-neutral thermal systems
- Development of thermofluidic mechanical parts (heat exchangers, micro-reactors, sensors and actuators, etc.)
- Thermal process technology of energy plants and energy storage systems
Major AchievementsHigh efficiency micro channel heat exchanger
Design, manufacturing, and evaluation technologies for performing stable and efficient heat transfer under extreme environments such as cryogenic, ultra-high temperature and pressure conditions.
Department of Energy Plant Technology
- Energy plant and renewable energy convergence technology
- Liquefied hydrogen system and equipment
- ICT convergent plant safety technology
Major AchievementsHydrogen liquefaction plant process and core equipment
Hydrogen liquefaction process, core equipment (cryogenic heat exchanger/turbo expander/cold box/ liquid hydrogen storage tank) and plant design-construction-operation technology development.
LNG and Cryogenic Technology Center
- Performance test and evaluation technology for LNG and cryogenic equipment
- KOLAS certificate for the performance evaluation system of LNG and cryogenic equipment
- Research of LNG and cryogenic technology
- Technological support for companies
Major AchievementsPerformance evaluation system of core equipment for LNG carriers and plant
Korea’s first performance evaluation system of LNG and cryogenic equipment such as cryogenic pumps and valves, the core equipment for LNG carriers and plants.