- Advanced Manufacturing Systems Research Division
- Nano Convergence Manufacturing Systems Research Division
- Innovative Energy Machinery Research Division
- Eco-Friendly Energy Conversion Research Division
- Mechanical Systems Safety Research Division
- AI Robot Research Division
- Daegu Research Center For Medical Devices&Green Energy
- Busan Machinery Research Center
Busan Machinery Research Center
The Busan Machinery Research Center tries to achieve high added value in the mechanical parts and materials industry by distributing laser processing technology, automotive parts technology, and nuclear power plant safety technology to local companies and performing test certification support.
Department of Industrial Laser Technology
- Development of laser processing technology
- Development of high-energy beam processing technology
- Design of laser optics modules and systems
- Industrial technology support and transfer
Major AchievementsMulti - beam laser fusing system for highly functional thermal spray coating
Multi - beam laser fusing technology for manufacturing high -performance molds.
* Multi - beam laser fusing technology _Using a large area preheat beam, heat treatment beam combination and non - contact temperature control system as a homogenized laser heat treatment method enhanced the mechanical performance of the mold coating layer
Department of Automotive Parts
- Eco-friendly powertrain & emission control technology
- Electrized parts and control
- Certification for automotive parts
- Technical support for HEV, EV, FCEV and their parts
Major AchievementsDevelopment and demonstration of after treatment system for transfer crane
After treatment system which reduce above 80% of PM and PN, 85% of NOx was developed and installed in the transfer crane of Busan port.
Department of Nuclear Equipment Qualification & Safety
- Nuclear equipment design, qualification, safety evaluation technologies
- Nuclear power plant decommissioning and radioactive waste related machinery technology
Major AchievementsNuclear power plant severe accident simulation test technology
Establishment of evaluation standard of equipment survivability technology for the severe accident, based on the collaboration with nuclear power plant operation and design groups.