- Advanced Manufacturing Systems Research Division
- Nano Convergence Manufacturing Systems Research Division
- Innovative Energy Machinery Research Division
- Eco-Friendly Energy Conversion Research Division
- Mechanical Systems Safety Research Division
- AI Robot Research Division
- Daegu Research Center For Medical Devices&Green Energy
- Busan Machinery Research Center
Daegu Research Center For Medical Devices&Green Energy
The Daegu Research Center for Medical Devices and Green Energy focuses on researches associated with medical devices and medical robots with an aim to improve the quality of people's life, and also to play an important role in advancing medical technology and promoting mechanical-manufacturing industry of Daegu-Gyeongbuk region in accord with government policy.
Department of Medical Device
- On-site diagnosis platform for rapid and automated disease detection
- All-in-one cartridge system integrated with microfluidic control technology for molecular diagnosis
- Bio-chip and bio-sensor design • fabrication technology
- Analysis of biosignals and biomechanics
Major Achievements“Point - of - care (POC)” molecular diagnostics system
A fully automatic device for nucleic acid extraction, amplification, and detection, which carries all-in-one molecular diagnostic cartridges with all the necessary reagents for fast and accurate on-site disease inspection.
Department of Medical Robotics
- Mechanisms and actuators for rehabilitation and surgical robots
- High-precision and high-sensitive medical robot control
- Tele-operated medical robots
- Physical assistant robots
Major AchievementsAnkle - type robotic prostheses for amputees
Ankle-type robotic prostheses to enable natural walking with light weight by controlling the torque and angle of the ankle joints.