Flexible carbon nanotube emitter manufacturing technology that
combines the flexible substrate and the carbon nanotube by locally
increasing the temperature of the area where the flexible substrate
and the carbon nanotube are in contact
Client / Market
- Transparent electrode, flexible display, TFT backplane manufacturer
Necessity of this Technology
- Existing method of manufacturing a carbon nanotube emitter on a flexible substrate
used a spray coating or ink jet printing to coat the carbon nanotube on the substrate,
but the electrical contact between the flexible substrate and the carbon nanotube is
poor, and this decreases the emitter performance and generates a lot of heat.
- It forms a strong mechanical bond between the carbon nanotube and the flexible
- By locally increasing the temperature at the area where the flexible substrate and
the carbon nanotube are in contact, the thermal deformation of flexible substrate is
- The electrical contact between the flexible substrate and the carbon nanotube is great.
- Since it is unnecessary to heat the entire flexible substrate for bonding the substrate
with the nanotube, thermal deformation of the flexible substrate is prevented.
Excellence of Technology
- The carbon nanotube is vertically grown on the medium substrate.
- The flexible substrate is aligned to face above medium substrate while being in
contact with the carbon nanotube.
- Above medium substrate is vibrated while the contact between the carbon nanotube
and above flexible substrate is maintained.
- The part of the flexible substrate touching the carbon nanotube softens, and above
carbon nanotube is inserted into the flexible substrate.
- The medium substrate is separated from the carbon nanotube.
Current Intellectual Property Right Status
- Flexible Carbon Nanotube Emitter Manufacturing Method and Flexible Carbon
Nanotube Emitter Made with Above Method (KR1029566)