Total periodic technology for Francis and Kaplan turbine development
including engineering analysis, hydraulic design, and design
verification for improvement of power generating efficiency.
Client / Market
- Hydraulic turbine design and development company
- Small hydropower generation company
- Public hydraulic turbine operation enterprise
Necessity of this Technology
- Globally, the percentage of energy production by hydraulic turbine is high.
(hydroelectric power accounting for 16% of world electric power generation)
- There is an Increased demand for localized technology development for improving
technology competitiveness of the domestic hydraulic turbine technology.
- The independence of domestic hydraulic turbine design technology is needed to secure
technical competitiveness and accomplish renewable energy independence ability.
- High-efficiency hydraulic turbine design technology is required to improve
generation efficiency improvement.
- Equipped with fluid machinery-related R&D experience accumulated over 20 years
- Equipped with total periodic technology required for hydraulic development from
design, production, to verification
- Equipped with fluid mechanics and structural mechanics-linked design technology
Excellence of Technology
- Equipped with record of designing a high-efficiency 50 MW Francis runner
- Improved the efficiency and reliability of hydraulic turbine to the level of advanced
countries by applying the structural analysis/flow analysis and performance test
Current Intellectual Property Right Status
- Francis runner design technology
- Hydraulic turbine model composition design and production technology
- Rotor dynamics technology
- Structural analysis/flow analysis technology
- Performance test technology