Heat exchanger (evaporator) design technology for low GWP
refrigerant, which is the alternative refrigerant of current HFC/
HCFC’s for global warming prevention
Client / Market
- HVAC&R component and system business
Necessity of this Technology
- Problem of Existing Technology
- As the time for the HCFC’s refrigerant use restriction arrives, HFO’s refrigerants are being developed to replace HCFC, and relevant researches on performance and cycle development of HFO’s refrigerant is required.
- Existing refrigerant are regulated for used from 2030.
- System performance estimation: Companies designing/manufacturing low GWP HVAC&R system require cycle design technology and performance estimation technology.
- Development of heat exchanger for centrifugal chiller: Accurate design/manufacturing
technologies are required based on actual heat transfer coefficient.
- Development of various refrigeration cycle performance prediction program
including single/double compression cycle using low GWP refrigerant
- Development of centrifugal chiller evaporator design program
- Development of heat transfer enhanced tube for low GWP refrigerant with similar
performance to those of advanced companies.
Excellence of Technology
- Development of enhanced tube for flooded evaporator for low GWP refrigerant (R-1234ze(E) and R-1233zd(E))
- Similar performance to overseas advanced product, and confirmed the quality of themass production process.
- Centrifugal chiller evaporator design technology development: The prediction of
heat exchanger performance is similar to the level of advanced design program.
Current Intellectual Property Right Status
- Industrial Shell & Tube Heat Exchanger Design Program (KR2017-011728)
- Falling Film Type Centrifugal Chiller (KR2017-0053101)
- Falling Film Type Centrifugal Chiller (KR2017-0053100)
- Heat exchanger performance test facility production/operation
- Refrigerant property-based thermodynamics cycle simulation