Test equipment for performance and durability assessment with the
variable torque and speed conditions for a large gearbox up to 5.5 MW
Client / Market
- Large gear box manufacturer (Step-up gearbox for wind turbine, Reducer gearbox
Necessity of this Technology
- There is a need for a test equipment for large gearbox that could vary the initial
speed and torque.
- For R&D and commercialization of large gearbox, the quality needs to be certified
or data needs to be secured through performance and durability assessment, but
establishment of test equipment for large gearbox in Korea is inadequate, and the
test is mostly performed by foreign company or institution.
- The mechanical type large gearbox taster is inconvenient to adjust the torque
through multiple trial and error as the tester cannot accurately apply the set initial
torque to the gearbox or the tester applies the torque with the manual apparatus
without setting an initial torque.
- Since the tester manually applies the torque to the axis to increase the torque
applied to the gear box, the speed and torque cannot be changed during the test.
- An apparatus and a test apparatus that could perform the test under a realistic
condition are in need.
- It installs the epicyclic gearbox for torque application on the torsion axis that
increases the torque applied to the gearbox and rotates the ring gear of the epicyclic
gearbox to the actuator or installs a torque control motor to accurately increase the
torque applied to the gearbox. The performance/durability assessment can be done
under various conditions.
- By setting the torque with the automatic torque application apparatus (actuator or
torque control motor) and the control system, the exact torque can be applied to the
gearbox, and it reduces the test time.
- With various gear box tests, a separate epicyclic gearbox, automatic torque
application apparatus and control system can be installed to realize initial torque
and variable torque instead of the method of applying a load to the torque arm of the
epicyclic gearbox to generate torque.
Excellence of Technology
- A separate epicyclic gearbox, automatic torque application apparatus and control
system can be installed each to apply the exact initial torque, and desired torque can be
realized without stopping during the performance and durability test of a large gearbox.
- Gearbox test and fatigue test expert, and 10 research engineers with the sum of
their experience in gearbox performance test and fatigue analysis adding up to 85 years
participated in this research.
CURRENT INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT STATUS
- Gearbox Tester Having Variable Torque Function and Variable Torque Applied
- Setting Apparatus of Initial Torque for Gearbox Tester and Setting method of Initial
- Torque Loading Device and Torque Control System (KR1380210)